SCRIPT WRITING BASICS
A Place to start
When you set out to write a script here are a few basics to get the process started.
- Define the Primary Audience. Who are you targeting?
- Define the Secondary Audience.
- Opening/Greeting – an introduction that states the name of the caller and on whose behalf they are calling.
- Reason for the call – be brief and to the point
- Gain attention
- Call to action
It is also a good idea to include:
- Additional talking points
- Questions and Objections – offer answers to FAQ’s and responses to overcome common objections
- Second Effort for those contacts that take a bit more persuading
- About us – add information about your company
- If no statement. For example: Okay, I understand, thank you very much for your time today. Should you change your mind in the future please contact us at _______ or feel free to visit our website at ___________.